Hiyayakko – Chilled Tofu. Hiyayakko or Japanese Chilled Tofu is a perfect appetizer or side dish that you can whip up instantly! You'll love how smooth and silky it tastes. For many fun variations, feel free to switch up the toppings.
But you may wonder why the next word is not 'tofu'. This hiyayakko recipe features chilled tofu with an assortment of savoury and aromatic toppings. Cool down with delicious Japanese summer dishes like hiyayakko chilled tofu. This Perfect Hiyayakko – Chilled Tofu using 9 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Hiyayakko – Chilled Tofu
- It’s 1 of block Silken Tofu.
- You need of Toppings of your choice:.
- Prepare 2 tsp of myoga ginger, chopped or thin stripes.
- You need 2 tsp of chopped green onion.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of wasabi.
- Prepare 2 of Shiso Leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Katsuobushi bonito flakes.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
HIyayakko is a Japanese side dish. It is a chilled tofu with bonito flakes, grated ginger, spring onion with ponzu sauce. I hope you like this recipe😊 See. Hiyayakko (冷奴, cold tofu) is a Japanese dish made with chilled tofu and toppings.
Hiyayakko – Chilled Tofu instructions
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain the liquid..
- Cut the block into half. Place each half of tofu in a small bowl..
- Garnish with the toppings of your choice as desired..
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the tofu..
- Eat immediately!.
The choice of toppings on the tofu vary among households and restaurants, but a standard combination is chopped green onion with katsuobushi (dried skipjack tuna flakes) and soy sauce. Hiyayakko, tofu recipe, Japanese tofu, Japanese side dish. Place block of tofu on a small dish and pour tofu sauce over. Garnish tofu with dried bonito flakes, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds. Wash tofu under softly running water.