Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don). Golden fried chicken katsu served with savory dashi sauce and Crispy chicken katsu served with savory sauce and eggs over rice, this Chicken Katsudon Don't want to miss a recipe? Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! Katsudon is a fried, panko-breaded pork cutlet with egg over rice and a favorite of Japanese If you've never heard of it, Katsudon is basically katsu (a pork chop breaded with panko and fried) When I'm feeling lazy, I substitute prebreaded chicken patties fir the pork cutlet and it turns out great!
Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Katsu-don is a very filling main dish. A bowl of rice topped with tonkatsu, onion and beaten egg I occasionally make katsu-don with chicken katsuretsu but I have not heard of katsu-don with Apart from being a tasty dish, I think that the low price for the volume of meal you get must attract people. This Perfect Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don) using 17 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don)
- Prepare 1 pc of Chicken Thigh.
- You need 1 cup of Cooked Rice.
- You need 1 cup of Cooking Oil (shallow frying).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Marinade (mix in a bowl);.
- It’s 1 pc of Egg.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Corn Flour.
- You need 1-2 g of Salt (1 or 2 pinch).
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 g of Dashi (1 pinch).
- It’s 70 g of Onions (slice or chopped).
- Prepare 30 g of Spring Onions (chopped finely, garnish).
- It’s of Optional;.
- You need 2 tsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
To serve, take four bowls and place rice in each. Try this recipe for Katsudon, a popular Japanese bowl dish of tonkatsu, or breaded deep-fried Don, or donburi, identifies this as a bowl dish. Katsudon is hearty compared to other donburi, but the In Japanese culture, katsudon is considered soul food, the symbol of a tasty warm meal that can melt. This Japanese katsudon—fried cutlet and egg rice bowl—is the best use you're ever gonna get out of leftover fried chicken or pork cutlets.
Student Meal: Japanese Chicken Chop Rice (Katsu Don) instructions
- CHICKEN; Marinate the chicken with the egg, flour, salt and pepper for 30 minutes minimum. Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil on medium heat for shallow frying. When ready, coat the chicken in Panko and fry it 2-3minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside..
- SAUCE; In a saucepan, add water, soy sauce, dashi, (vinegar and sugar if you want), as well as onions. Bring it to a boil, then cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute..
- ASSEMBLY; Next, lay the chicken flat on top of the onions and pour in the egg. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 seconds. Turn off the heat. Prepare a bowl of rice and lay the chicken and the sauce on top of the rice to serve. Garnish with spring onions..
I admit: The idea of soggy fried food doesn't sound so great at first, but there are a host of Japanese dishes that involve just that and end up with really unique. Divide the rice among serving plates. And pour over the curry sauce. Chicken Katsu Don recipe: Chicken Katsudon is a popular Japanese dish that consists of a bowl of rice topped with a deep-fried chicken cutlet, egg, and Fill each bowl with steamed rice and top with Chicken Katsu and egg. Garnish with chopped scallions and thinly sliced seaweed and serve warm.