Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki).
This Delicious Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki) using 12 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki)
- You need 200 g of all purpose flour : (A).
- It’s 2 tbsp of potato starch : (A).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder : (A).
- You need 250 mL of Dashi broth (1 tbsp Dashi powder n 250 mL water) : (A).
- It’s 150 g of grated potato.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake (white wine).
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- It’s 5 sheets of sliced pork.
- Prepare 600 g of cabbage (chopped).
- Prepare of your favourite toppings (shrimps, squid, etc.).
- You need of Bonito flakes n Aonori for toppings (optional).
- You need of Okonomiyaki sauce n mayonnaise.
Japanese Savory Pan Cake (Okonomiyaki) instructions
- Add all ingredients (A) in a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk..
- Pour the Dashi broth and the grated potato, and the sake in the bowl..
- Let the batter rest in a fridge at least for 3 hours..
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces..
- Grease a frying pan and heat it..
- Prepare another small bowl and add three handfuls of the chopped cabbage, 2 tbsp of Okonomiyaki batter, and 1 egg. Mix them about 3 times. Don't mix them too much..
- Spread the Okonomiyaki batter mixed with the cabbage on the heated frying pan as soon as you can. Add the toppings and cover the frying pan with a lid. Braise it for a while..
- When the Okonomiyaki becomes golden brown, flip it over and braise until the Okonomiyaki is cooked..
- Serve on a plate and dress Okonomiyaki sauce and mayo. Sprinkle some bonito flakes and Aonori..