Okonomiyaki. Best Okonomiyaki Recipe: Okonomiyak is easy to make! Our favorite "best" Osaka Okonomiyaki recipe (also called Kansai style Okonomiyai) is immediately below, and further down you will find even. Okonomiyaki (literally means 'grilled as you like it') is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, meat/ protein and topped with a variety of condiments.
These delicious savory pancakes are filled with cabbage, scallions, and more. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) literally means "grilled as you like it" in Japanese. As the name implies, what goes into it and how it's prepared depends largely on your preferences. This Perfect Okonomiyaki using 21 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Okonomiyaki
- It’s of Batter.
- You need 1 cup of flour (Okonomiyaki Flour if availible).
- It’s 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 300 grams of Cabbage, cut into 3cm x 2-3ml strips.
- Prepare 2 of Green Onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 30 grams of Tenkasu (Tempura bits).
- You need 6 of Bacon/beef/cheese, cut into 8cm (3") pieces.
- It’s of Optional.
- Prepare 100 grams of Raw shrimp cut into approx 1cm (1/2") chunks.
- You need 2 of Chinese sausage, cut diagonally.
- You need 30 grams of Beni Shoga (Pickled Ginger).
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s 1 of Mayonnaise (Kewpie Mayonnaise if available).
- It’s 1 of Aonori (Seaweed Flakes).
- You need 1 of Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes).
- It’s of okonomi sauce.
- You need 1 cup of of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of of Ketchup.
- It’s 1/3 cup of of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of of Oyster sauce.
With a history as rich as its flavor, Japan's "pancake/pizza/crepe/omelette" will fill you up and ensure you come back for more. Okonomiyaki is described many ways. drizzle mayo after you take okonomiyaki out to plate and drizzle worcester sauce and sprinkle crushed seaweed on it. You do not need okonomiyaki sauce or tonkatsu sauce. Okonomiyaki (���D�ݏĂ�) is a popular pan-fried dish that consists of batter and cabbage.
- If you don't have all the ingredients don't worry you can do without everything or find replacements..
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and water until smooth.
- Add Eggs, Cabbage, Onions, Tenkasu, Ginger, Shrimp and Sausage and mix, but don't over mix..
- Oil a griddle that has been heated to 200C (400F) and add Okonomiyaki mixture divided into two pancakes..
- Using a spatula flatten and form pancakes until around 1.5cm (3/4") thick – approximately 30cm (12") across..
- Add Bacon/beef/cheese pieces to cover top of each pancake..
- After about 3 minutes, flip over pancake (bacon side down) and cook for 4 minutes..
- Flip pancake again (bacon/beef/cheese side up) and cook for 3 minutes or until firm and well browned..
- Mix the Okonomi sauce ingredients.
- Remove to plate and drizzle with Kewpie mayonnaise, okonomi sauce and sprinkle with Aonori and Katsuobushi..
- Eat quickly before someone near you takes your portion..
- source+variations – http://okonomiyakiworld.com/best-okonomiyaki-recipe.html.
Selected toppings and ingredients are added which can vary greatly (anything from meat and seafood. Okonomiyaki – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き?) is a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning. Serve with okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise or your favourite Asian hot sauce.