Shirasu Rice Bowl (Shirasu-don).
This Delicious Shirasu Rice Bowl (Shirasu-don) using 6 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Shirasu Rice Bowl (Shirasu-don)
- Prepare 1 of serving cooked rice.
- You need 1 handful of Kama-age Shirasu, or boiled shirasu/baby sardines.
- It’s 1 leaf of Shiso, also called Perilla or Ooba.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of mirin.
Shirasu Rice Bowl (Shirasu-don) step by step
- Mix the soy sauce and mirin to make the sauce. Slice the shiso leaf into very thin strips..
- Fill your rice bowl with a serving of hot rice and top it with plenty of shirasu..
- Pore over the sauce and garnish with the sliced shiso leaf and sesame seeds..
- This is also great with minced myoga ginger and/or grated ginger..