Stir-fried Goya (Goya Chanpuru). Okinawa's most iconic Goya Champuru is a stir fry dish with bitter melon, tofu, egg, and pork belly. This popular savory dish is a truly rustic yet well-balanced meal to serve with steamed rice and a side of miso soup. Goya Champuru (ゴーヤチャンプル) is a popular.
A super easy Japanese stir fry from Okinawa, goya chanpuru is full of bonito flakes, which is unique for a stir fry dish and so flavoursome that you will get addicted to it. It is not greasy at all and my version is made with pork slices instead of SPAM which is the real. Recipe: Goya Chanpuru (Champuru): Okinawan Stir Fry With Bitter Gourd, Tofu, Pork and Egg. This Appetizing Stir-fried Goya (Goya Chanpuru) using 14 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Stir-fried Goya (Goya Chanpuru)
- It’s 1/2 (20 cm) of goya (cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, cut into 3~5mm slices).
- You need 200 g of firm tofu (drained and cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 100~150 g of pork or ham (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 of sliced onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of carrot (cut into thin strips).
- It’s 1~2 of beaten eggs.
- It’s of Seasonings:.
- Prepare of * 1 tbsp sake.
- You need of * 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- It’s of * 1/2~1 tbsp oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetables oil or olive oil for frying tofu.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of dried bonito flakes for topping (optional).
- Prepare of salt and pepper for seasoning.
This is really classical Okinawan home cooking, so there are probably as many variations as there are households in Okinawa. This is a very simple version. All Reviews for Goya Champuru (Bitter Melon Stir Fry). You saved Goya Champuru (Bitter Melon Stir Fry) to your Favorites.
Stir-fried Goya (Goya Chanpuru) step by step
- Sprinkle salt on goya and rub, leave it for about 10 mins. Wash with water and drain well..
- Heat the oil (vegetable or olive oil) in a pan over medium heat, stir fry tofu until browned. Remove tofu from the pan and set aside..
- Heat the sesame oil in the same pan, add pork, onion, carrot, goya and stir fry for 1~2 mins(softened). Put tofu back in the pan and then add seasonings and combine..
- Pour the beaten egg over and stir quickly to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Top with dried bonito flakes (optional)..
Goya, a bitter melon or gourd, is a surprisingly popular vegetable in the UK, but you might know it better as karavella, karela, kugua, bitter gourd, bitter melon, korola Chanpuru is a specialty of Japan's Okinawa region and is a stir-fried dish made with vibrant green goya, soy sauce, tofu, pork, and egg. Chanpurū (チャンプルー) is an Okinawan stir fry dish. It is considered the representative dish of Okinawan cuisine. Chanpurū generally consists of tofu combined with some kind of vegetable, meat, or fish. This goya chanpuru recipe is an easy summer favourite from Okinawa, made by stir-frying goya (bitter melon), tofu, sliced meat, eggs, and seasonings.