Japanese ”Nikujaga” the Potato and Pork Stew.
This Tasty Japanese ”Nikujaga” the Potato and Pork Stew using 13 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Japanese ”Nikujaga” the Potato and Pork Stew
- You need 200 g of Thin sliced pork belly.
- Prepare 1 Table Spoon of oil.
- Prepare 400 g of Potato.
- It’s 150 g of Onion.
- It’s 90 g of Carrot.
- You need 1 Bag of Shirataki ※If you cannot find it, you don't have to use it.
- You need 250 ml of Dashi stock (please check out my Dashi stock recipe).
- You need of ☆Seasoning 1☆.
- You need 2 Table Spoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Table Spoon of Sake.
- You need 2 Table Spoon of Mirin.
- You need of ☆Seasoning 2☆.
- You need 2 1/2 Table Spoon of Soy Sauce.
Japanese ”Nikujaga” the Potato and Pork Stew step by step
- Cut potato into big bite size, and put in water for 5 minutes, then dry with kitchen towel. Also, cut carrot into big bite size, then set aside. Slice onion into 1 cm (half a inch) thick along the fiber..
- Heat a deep pot over medium heat, and put oil to fry the meat until it changes the color to brown..
- Add 1 to 2, then fry until the surface of potato is slightly translucent, then add Dashi Stock. Mix lightly and add all the ingredients of Seasoning 1. Mix as well. Turn the heat to medium high..
- Take out Lye (foamy texture waste that floats on the surface), then cook for 3~5 minutes. Add Seasoning 2 (soy sauce), and shirataki as well..
- Keep cooking until the potato is tender, and most of moisture is evaporated, then serve. ※Make sure to stir every 2~3 minutes to avoid its burned..
- Plate and serve. Garnish if you like :).