Prawn and yam Tempura. Be sure to impress your dinner guests with this Prawn tempura recipe. Find this recipe and hundreds of other recipes at Tesco Real Food today! How to cook perfect crispy Tempura prawn and vegetables at home.
Plump and juicy prawns wrapped with super crispy batter. The secret to making a light, crisp coating that doesn't absorb oil when fried is in the batter and deep-frying technique. Tempura is one of the most popular and well-known Japanese dishes that is widely enjoyed around the world. You can cook Prawn and yam Tempura using 5 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Prawn and yam Tempura
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2/3 cups of cold water.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Prawn.
How to make delicious tempura prawns at home. This is a very easy recipe and tastes great. Tempura (天ぷら or 天麩羅, tenpura, [tempɯɾa]) is a typical Japanese dish usually consisting of seafood, meat, and vegetables that have been battered and deep fried. Our selection: Recipe of the week. © Copyright.
Prawn and yam Tempura step by step
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until frothy..
- Fold flour and cold water into egg whites until batter is just barely mixed..
- Add peeled prawns into batter gently mix..
- Coat yam with batter and stir fry. Will fry with bubbles around it, the bigger the bubbles the more it gets done. That makes it crispy..
Peel the prawns, removing the head and leaving the tail in place. Slice the backs open and remove the intestines (the thin black thread). We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. More-ish and tasty, battered king prawn tempura with a sweet chilli dipping sauce make a great snack or starter. Enjoy Edo-mae style tempura in the heart of Roppongi.