Red Snapper Nitsuke.
This Appetizing Red Snapper Nitsuke using 7 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Red Snapper Nitsuke
- It’s 1 of red snapper ("kinmedai").
- It’s 1 of kombu/dried kelp.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sake.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of mirin/sweet sake.
- Prepare 3 of sliced ginger.
Red Snapper Nitsuke step by step
- Gently descale the fish with a knife – it's best to use a descaling knife, but any sharp knife will do..
- Remove the head and innards from the red snapper and wash out the inside with water. Dry the skin with kitchen paper and make a cross cut on both sides..
- Put the kombu, water, soy sauce, mirin, sake and ginger into a pot and boil on full heat..
- When it gets hot, gently add the red snapper and simmer on medium heat with the lid on. Gently shake the pot occasionally to ensure the sauce covers everything, but do not turn the fish as it will likely break the fish's shape..
- Cook for about 10 min and it is done!.