Mackerel Simmered in Glossy Miso Sauce in 10 Minutes.
You can have Mackerel Simmered in Glossy Miso Sauce in 10 Minutes using 9 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mackerel Simmered in Glossy Miso Sauce in 10 Minutes
- You need 2 of pieces Mackerel fillets.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 50 ml of Sake.
- It’s 6 of pieces Ginger (thinly sliced).
- You need 2 of Umeboshi.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Miso.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Boiling water.
Mackerel Simmered in Glossy Miso Sauce in 10 Minutes step by step
- Cut the mackerel into 3 pieces and sprinkle salt on both sides. Let it sit for 10 minutes. The salt will remove moisture from the fish, which helps reduce the fish smell..
- Put the mackerel in a strainer and pour boiling water over it to remove the fish smell. This one extra step will make the mackerel really delicious..
- To infuse the mackerel with a sweet flavor, add the water, sugar, sake, ginger, and umeboshi to a pot and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat for a moment, arrange the mackerel in the pan, then set the heat to medium..
- Just before it boils, turn the heat down to low. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Next, ladle a small amount of the simmering liquid into a small bowl and mix in the miso until it dissolves. Add the dissolved miso to the pot and gently stir to make sure the miso is evenly distributed..
- Use a spoon to ladle the simmering liquid evenly over the pieces of fish. Cover with an otoshibuta (drop lid) and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. The miso can scald easily, so be careful..
- When most of the simmering liquid has boiled down, it's done. In a short time, you have made simmered mackerel in a glossy sauce. You can also cut about 5 cm of the white part of a Japanese leek and simmer it with the mackerel, which is also delicious..