Baked Salmon – the Best Ever.
This Tasty Baked Salmon – the Best Ever using 7 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Baked Salmon – the Best Ever
- Prepare of Fish.
- It’s 1 dash of oil.
- It’s 1 slice of Salmon fresh, not frozen.
- You need 1 of whole grain mustard.
- It’s 1 of dill fresh or dried.
- Prepare 1 of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 1 of butter (salted).
Baked Salmon – the Best Ever instructions
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Rinse and dry salmon slice. In a baking pan large enough to hold salmon rub a tiny bit of oil on the bottom of pan. You don't need a lot. Just a dab is fine it helps to crisp the skin. Place salmon skin side down. If one side is very thin, tuck it under..
- Squeeze whole grain mustard onto the entire piece of salmon and using the back of a spoon spread evenly adding more mustard if you need so that it covers the entire top of salmon..
- Sprinkle dill over entire salmon add lemon pepper to your liking..
- Slice 3 wafer thin pieces of butter (or amount needed for the salmon) make it that the butter is evenly spaced..
- Baking time depends on the thickness of the salmon. For a slice 3/4" thick bake for 12-13 minutes. For a piece 1 1/2" thick bake 20-22 minutes. The test for doneness is like steak. If you press on it and there is no give, it's overdone and dry. Salomon is a delicate fish and cooked correctly results in a creamy buttery texture. You can test the thickest part of salmon by gently prying apart. It should be opaque but slightly pinkish..