Authentic Shrimp Dumplings.
You can have Authentic Shrimp Dumplings using 15 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Authentic Shrimp Dumplings
- You need of Filling:.
- It’s 270 grams of Shrimp.
- It’s 50 grams of Sliced pork belly (with plenty of fat).
- Prepare 50 grams of Bamboo shoot.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of each Sake, sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare of Dumpling skins:.
- Prepare 140 grams of Wheat starch.
- Prepare 30 grams of Tapioca flour (or katakuriko).
- It’s 1 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 170 ml of Boiling water.
Authentic Shrimp Dumplings instructions
- Peel and devein the shrimp, rub 1 teaspoon of salt (not included in the ingredients list) into the shrimp, rinse, and drain in a sieve to remove any excess moisture..
- Cut the shrimp from Step 1 into dices smaller than 1 cm, mince the pork fat, and roughly chop the bamboo shoot..
- Put all the ingredients from Step 2 and the seasonings into a bowl, and mix with chopsticks, stirring in one direction until it becomes sticky..
- For the dumpling skin: Put the wheat starch, tapioca flour (or katakuriko), and salt in a bowl, while mixing with a rubber spatula, gradually pour in the boiling water, and combine well..
- Once the dough comes together, transfer to a working surface, knead while adding vegetable oil until it becomes sticky, similar to the consistency of mochi..
- Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel, and set aside for about 5 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, form each dough into a 3 cm stick shape, and divide the dough into 12 g equal portions. Roll each portion into balls, and cover with a damp kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out..
- Flatten out the dough from Step 7 with the palms of your hands, and quickly shape them into a 6 cm diameter circle with your fingers..
- Boil water for the steamer..
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the middle of a dumpling skin, hold the middle, and make pleats by folding the edges in towards the center..
- Once the water comes to a boil, line the steamer with parchment paper, put the shrimp dumplings in the steamer, steam over high heat for 7-8 minutes, and enjoy!.