Mike's Spicy Ahi Poke & Sashimi.
This Yummy Mike's Spicy Ahi Poke & Sashimi using 16 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Ahi Poke & Sashimi
- You need 1 (1 lb) of Sashimi Grade Yellowfin Tuna Slab [halved].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Purple Onions [fine minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Green Onions [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 Dash of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Cucumbers [fine chop].
- It’s 1 tbs of Garlic Chili Siracha Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of Fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Lemon Zest [optional].
- It’s 1 tbs of Soy Sauce [+ reserves for serving].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame Seeds [+ reserves for garnish].
- You need 2 tbs of Jalapeño [fine chop – garnish for both dishes].
- You need as needed of Shredded Diakon Radishes [garnish].
- You need as needed of Pickled Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Fresh Parsley [+ reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 of Very Sharp Knife.
- It’s as needed of Frozen Cocktail Glasses.
Mike's Spicy Ahi Poke & Sashimi step by step
- Here's what you'll need. Only half of tuna slab shown..
- Open tuna and rinse under cold water..
- Place tuna on thick paper towels to dry..
- Wrap tuna in paper towels and place in the coldest part of your fridge for 10 minutes. 40° is a perfect temperature for raw fish..
- Fine chop your vegetables. Shread your diakon radish garnish..
- Cut your tuna in half. Half will be used for your salad – half for your sashimi. Place your other half back in the fridge. Definitely use a very sharp knife. Don't saw it. Just allow the knife to glide through your fish..
- With a very sharp knife, slice tuna into 1/2" cubes. Work fast as so bacteria doesn't form on your tuna. Place in a non-metalic bowl..
- Add all of your vegetables and seasonings not listed as garnishments. Fold in gently. You don't want to bruise your tuna!.
- Place Ahi Poke in glasses and garnish with green onions, jalapeños, sesame seeds and parsley. Refrigerate quickly..
- Pull your other 1/2 tuna. Cut into 1/2" squares. Refrigerate immediately until ready to plate..
- Plate your diakon radishes and place your sashimi on top. Sprinkle radishes with rice wine vinager if you'd like. Garnish plate with jalapeños and chopped parsley. Serve with pickled ginger, Wasabi and Soy Sauce..