spicy salmon and tuna fishcakes. A recipe for fishcakes that are super easy to make, healthy, gluten-free and very inexpensive using simple pantry items. If you like Thai and Asian flavors. Fish cakes are incredibly easy to make and don't skimp on big booming flavours- they are perfect with a crunchy salad or served as a little starter!
We also recommend using tuna that. Dice equal amounts of fresh salmon and tuna and leave to cool in a bowl in the fridge. Thank you for such a non "fishy" tasting tuna recipe. You can cook spicy salmon and tuna fishcakes using 10 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. This is guide how achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of spicy salmon and tuna fishcakes
- You need 500 grams of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need of Fish.
- Prepare 1 of Tuna filler.
- It’s 1 of Salmon fillet.
- You need 3 of Potatoes peeled.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of milk.
Adapted from a recipe I saw on the new Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course show I watched the other day, I decided to try out his Spicy Tuna Fishcakes. Spiced Tuna Fishcakes with Dipping Sauce. I adore fish cakes, even growing up I loved those mushy things that they served I have brought this love into my more "grown up" style of cooking with my canned mackerel fish cakes and sardine and salmon fish cakes. Spicy salmon and sweet potato cakes, smoked salmon and cream cheese cakes, as well as crispy salmon cakes in breadcrumbs.
spicy salmon and tuna fishcakes step by step
- boil potatoes.
- cook fish in a lightly oiled pan, drain all liquid.
- mash potatoes using milk and butter, whisk the mash with a fork or whisk until light and fluffy.
- allow mash and fish to cool. Stir or whisk into the mash the fish. breaking chunks up so the mixture is smooth.
- make cakes by taiking a section on the mixture and rolling and flattening. repeat until no mixture remains. place cakes in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once cakes have chilled crack eggs into a bowl and whisk. On a seperate plat pour out 1/2 breadcrumbs.
- dip 1 cake in the egg and cover. place in the breadcrumbs. repeat until all cakes are done. Pour remaining beeadcrumbs over.
- heat a large heavy bottomed pan with some oil,.
- place each cake in the pan and cook for 5 – 8 minutes each side.
- serve with salad and sweet chilli dip and white wine.
The salmon has to be cooked and cooled completely before it can be incorporated in the fish cakes. It is also vital that the skin. These tuna patties, aka tuna fish cakes, are a great way to start adding tuna in your diet. Serve them as appetizers, sides, in sandwiches Chilly – If you love spicy food, you must try spicy tuna fishcakes – delish. I usually make these for my kids so I always omit chili.