Miso and Ginger Glazed Whiting.
This Appetizing Miso and Ginger Glazed Whiting using 15 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Miso and Ginger Glazed Whiting
- You need 150 g of brown basmati rice.
- You need 40 g of brown rice miso.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown rice vinegar.
- It’s 50 g of tamari.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 2 of whiting fillets.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 1 of full salad onion.
- Prepare 450 ml of boiling water.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Olive Oil.
Miso and Ginger Glazed Whiting step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180C Fan/200C.
- Cook the rice: rinse it under cold water, and drain. Tip into a pan. Pour 300ml boiling water into a pan, with a bit of salt. Bring it to a boil with a cover on, then turn the heat down to simmer until fully cooked through and the water absorbed – about 20/25min..
- Make the marinade: combine miso, vinegar, tamari, sugar, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Stir together. Add in the fish fillets and coat them in the marinade. Let sit for 10minutes..
- Peel and slice the carrot into 2 inch batons. Do the same with the courgette and the pepper. Chop the roots and top off the salad onion, finely slice the rest..
- Cover a baking tray with tinfoil. Place the whiting on the tray (save marinade for later), skin side up. Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes until the fish top is brown and cooked through – should flak easily when pressed with a fork..
- Place a sauce pan on the stove top. Add a little bit of olive oil, and all the chopped vegetables. Stir fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add the remaining marinade and 150ml of boiling water. Let simmer for 5minutes..
- Fluff the rice, and serve with the vegetables and fish1 Enjoy!.