Portuguese Island Shrimp (Spicy).
This Tasty Portuguese Island Shrimp (Spicy) using 8 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Island Shrimp (Spicy)
- It’s 1/2 of onion (or 1 small one).
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pimenta (Portuguese pepper,Or sambal OR crushed chills).
- You need 2 of heaping tsp tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 bottle of beer (your fave beer).
- Prepare 2 lb of frozen raw-skin on shrimp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
Portuguese Island Shrimp (Spicy) step by step
- Heat olive oil and Sautee onions and garlic..
- Add tomato paste and pimenta (or crush chili sauce) cook 2 min.
- Add whole bottle of beer and let come to rolling boil..
- Add frozen shrimp (Add this frozen, while it melts/cooks it will add nice shrimp flavor to broth).
- Season with salt to taste. Let everything cook on medium low for another 15-20 min until alcohol from beer cooks out and flavors get delish..
- Garnish with parsley an serve with nice crusty bread for dipping in the spicy shrimpy broth 🙂 enjoy..