Spicy Latin-Inspired Shrimp in Tomato Sauce.
You can cook Spicy Latin-Inspired Shrimp in Tomato Sauce using 13 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Latin-Inspired Shrimp in Tomato Sauce
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of a mediun onion, minced.
- It’s 1/2 of a bell pepper, minced (I prefer red/yellow/orange to green because they're sweeter, but green works in a pinch.).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced (about 2 Tablespoons).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro + more for garnish.
- Prepare 1 packet of Goya Sazón (Any kind – culantro, achiote, azafrán, etc. – will work fine in this dish.).
- It’s 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted chicken stock or white wine.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt to start.
- It’s 1.5 pounds of large to jumbo shrimp that have been peeled and deveined, lightly salted.
Spicy Latin-Inspired Shrimp in Tomato Sauce step by step
- In a large pan (at least 12") preheat the oil and butter on medium heat until all the butter is melted..
- Add onions, peppers, garlic, and cilantro, and sweat until onions are translucent..
- Stir in Goya packet and cayenne..
- Add tomato sauce, stock or wine, fresh lemon juice, and salt, stir to combine thoroughly, and bring to a gentle boil for a minute..
- Gently fold in shrimp and cook, covered, just until all shrimp are cooked through. If you need a little more salt, you can add it at this point. You'll know the shrimp are cooked through when they all *just* turn opaque, but don't cook too much longer after that or you'll lose that plump, juicy texture..
- Garnish with a little bit of chopped fresh cilantro and enjoy! :).