Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema.
This Perfect Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema using 12 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of shrimp, peeled – I usually buy shrimp frozen, raw, deveined, with the tails still on. Thaw in a strainer under cool water, remove the tails, and spread out over paper towels to pat dry.
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of coconut milk (any other milk may work).
- You need 1/4 tsp of fresh lime juice.
- It’s 2 of medium sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Cilantro, chopped and divided.
- It’s of Lime wedges to garnish.
Spicy Shrimp Sweet Potato Boat and Avocado Crema instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes, cut them into halves and place on a baking tray. Brush with a bit of oil, season with salt and pepper then roast in the oven for about 30-40 minutes..
- If you are short on time, skip step 1, poke the potatoes with a fork a few times and microwave for 10-15 minutes, until tender..
- Once cooked, remove and allow to cool a bit. Then gently scoop out the center leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside..
- Meanwhile; make the avocado cream. In a food processor, combine avocado with milk, lime juice, 1/2 cup cilantro, a pinch of salt and pulse until very smooth..
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat and add shrimp, garlic, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt..
- Cook the shrimp on both sides until opaque, about 3-4 minutes..
- To assemble, place the shrimp in the sweet potato boats, top with avocado cream, garnish with remaining cilantro and serve!.