Caramelized Spicy Anchovies / Ikan Bilis. Sambal Ikan Bilis is a spicy side dish made with chillies that is a regular accompaniment to many meals and a staple chilli paste or condiment to Nasi Lemak, a coconut rice dish traditionally eaten at breakfast. Recipes for both soon, I promise! Dried anchovies are also used to make stock for various.
If, you are inclined, you may grind the ikan bilis finely before making the sambal and voila! There a literally hundreds of different variations of this sauce, ranging from mild, to very hot. The chilli, Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies), belacan (shrimp. You can cook Caramelized Spicy Anchovies / Ikan Bilis using 7 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. This is guide how cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Caramelized Spicy Anchovies / Ikan Bilis
- It’s 2 cup of dried Anchovies/ikan bilis.
- Prepare 2 of Onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of scallion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peri peri Chili sauce.
The main ingredients are crispy ikan bilis or anchovies and roasted peanuts mixed in a sweet, spicy, and sticky coating. This is relatively dry dish, almost like spiced nuts as the coating is thick and sticky. Sometimes fried cubed potatoes or tempeh is added to bulk it up. Evidently picking the right type of dried anchovies (ikan bilis) and using it in your recipes isn't as second nature to some as you (read: I) would expect.
Caramelized Spicy Anchovies / Ikan Bilis step by step
- Easy mixture of Caramelized spicy soy sauce, light soy sauce, peri peri Chili sauce and sugar.
- With oil pan Fry the dried Anchovies then drain.
- Use the same oil sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes then drain and reserve the flavoured oil for later use.
- Add in the fried Anchovies and the mixture of Caramelized spicy soy sauce and mix well for half a minute.
- Off heat and add the scallion and mix well then serve.
Ikan bilis, or dried anchovies, are a popular snack in Singapore. Combined with peanuts and chilli paste, it's just the thing to have with a cold Tiger beer (Singapore's local brew) and the salty flavours make a great prelude to a meal. It can also be served with the famous nasi lemak. The good news is, anchovy stocks have doubled because their predators – the type without legs – have declined Salty little fishies and deep-fried peanuts make a perfect ménage à trois with sweet and spicy sambal. Variation: 酱汁sauce, 劲辣Spicy, 山椒Pickled pepper All kind of anchovies(ikan bilis) and related product from our own vessels directly to consumer with wholesaler price.