Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean). Some people love petai beans which are simply known as petai or pete, in Indonesia, but some really dislike it because of its odious smell. Sambal udang petai adalah makanan kegemaran kami sekeluarga. Hampir setiap minggu saya akan masak menu ini.
Add prawns and stir till three-quarters cooked. Then add in the petai and cook for about two minutes. Add sugar and salt to taste. You can cook Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) using 10 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean)
- Prepare 2 Handfuls of dried chili (soaked and blend till it became paste).
- Prepare 1 of Whole onion (blend with the soaked dried chili).
- Prepare 3 of shallots (sliced thinly).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (sliced thinly).
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of tamarind juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar (depends on the spiciness of your dried chili).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 10 cloves of Stink bean.
- You need of Prawn (can be substituted with the seafood that you like).
- You need 5 tbsp of cooking oil.
Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted. It seldom takes center stage as it is usually served as an accompaniment or condiment to jazz up a meal. A little goes a long way because the sauce (and not the shrimps) is actually the star of the dish. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) – Every bite is bursting with the briny flavor of the prawn, complex flavor of fiery sambal, and a citrusy note of kaffir lime Made with a sambal paste and flavored with belacan (Malaysian shrimp paste), the gravy of sambal udang is best when drizzled on a serving of.
Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) step by step
- Pour the oil into the wok let it be hot enough to fry our shallots and garlic.
- Throw in the garlic and shallots into the oil and fry them until golden brown.
- Add in the chili paste and stir.
- After the chili paste is cooked, add in the sugar and stir. To know whether the chili paste is cooked, you can see the oil covering the chili..
- After a few stirring, you wanted to add the tamarind juice and let the paste cooked for a while..
- Next, add the stink bean. And let it cooked for about 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add in the prawn and let them cooked for 7-10 mins and you’re done!.
- This is the final look! Yum!.
Sambal Tumis Udang Petai – Prawns with Petai in Chilli Gravy. Resep Sambal Goreng Udang Pete/petai Udang dengan balutan sambal goreng terasi yang kental dan pedas semakin lengkap dengan pulennya buah pete/petai dengan aroma yang khas. Sambal udang was the first recipe I tried from Cooking for the President. How was the presidential recipe for prawns smothered in chilli paste? The ingredients were simple, the instructions were clear and easy to follow, and the results were darn tasty.