Prawn Fritter / Hae Pia.
You can cook Prawn Fritter / Hae Pia using 13 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawn Fritter / Hae Pia
- Prepare 100 g of self-rising flour.
- You need 50 g of rice flour.
- It’s 25 g of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp. of sugar.
- It’s 225 ml of water.
- You need 3 tbsp. of hot oil.
- You need 50 g of bean sprout.
- It’s 1 of medium size carrot, julienned.
- It’s 50 g of cabbage, julienned.
- It’s 2 stalks of spring onion, cut lengthwise into 1 inch strip.
- Prepare of Enough small prawns with shell.
Prawn Fritter / Hae Pia instructions
- Mix all flour, water, salt, pepper, sugar, oil into a smooth batter. If it is a little thick, add a little bit water..
- Drizzle in hot oil, whisking at the same time..
- Place your ladle in the pot of hot oil to heat it up. Set your fire into medium once the oil is hot..
- Remove the heated ladle and add in about 2 tbsp. of the batter. Add in enough of vegetables, add in another tbsp. of the batter over the vegetables. Finally, place a shrimp on top and add in a little bit of the batter over the shrimp..
- Lower the ladle slowly into the hot oil, and let it sit in the oil. The batter will start to cook and firm up, after 30 seconds, the formed prawn fritter will separate itself from the ladle. Fry until golden brown. Repeat the process again until used up all the ingredients..