Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry. This eggplant recipe is my version of eggplant stir fry which is pretty much similar to Chinese Eggplant Tofu but without the tofu. It is easy to cook and. Stir-Fried Garlic Chives with Ground Pork and Tofu (Cang Ying Tou)Red Shallot Kitchen. garlic cloves, oyster sauce, ground pork, tofu, soy sauce.
When eggplant is stir-fried with lots of garlic and coated with a glossy, savory sauce that I can spoon over a big bowl of steamed rice. The sauce that holds everything together is a mixture of oyster sauce (vegetarian if you want to keep the dish vegan), soy sauce (or tamari), cornstarch, rice vinegar. I make salads or stir fried vegetables for every party and they are usually well recd. You can cook Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry using 12 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry
- You need 2 of (around 1 lbs) medium Chinese eggplants, cut into long sticks of about 2 inches (5cm).
- You need 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 8 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 inches (5 cm) of ginger, finely minced or grated.
- You need 5 of bird eye chili peppers, sliced(optional).
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges.
- It’s 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s 200 ml of water.
Add the garlic and stir fry a minute Add the remaining vegetables except the bean sprouts and add the oyster sauce too. The secret is stir-frying, a speedy cooking method that tosses bite-sized pieces of meat and vegetables in hot oil over a wok or skillet. Prepared oyster sauce, available at most grocery stores, adds the essence of oysters to this dish. The finished flavor of a dish served with oyster.
Eggplant Oyster Sauce Stir Fry instructions
- Place eggplants in a large bowl of salt water. Place a lid on top to keep the eggplants underwater for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and pat dry..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat..
- Sauté garlic, shallots, and ginger until fragrant..
- Add eggplants. Cook until they’re soft..
- Season with oyster sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well..
- Add water. Keep cooking until the water is boiling..
- Add tomatoes wedges and bird eye chili peppers (if you use some). Keep stirring..
- Add green onions. Mix well once again. Remove from the heat..
- Serve hot over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋.
This savory eggplant stir-fry makes a great main course when served over rice and topped with fresh cilantro (if you like it). In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker. Oyster sauce is actually made with dried oysters, but does not have a fishy taste or smell; it is commonly used in many Chinese dishes, especially those from Stir-fry the meat and garlic until the beef is tender, over medium heat–keep it moving in the pan and watch that the garlic turns light golden. This chicken and oyster sauce is a stir fry that is full of irresistible umami flavours as well as the earthy flavours of the mushrooms.