Kui Chai Todd: กุ่ยช่ายทอด (Deep Fried Chinese Garlic Chive Cakes).
This Appetizing Kui Chai Todd: กุ่ยช่ายทอด (Deep Fried Chinese Garlic Chive Cakes) using 19 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Kui Chai Todd: กุ่ยช่ายทอด (Deep Fried Chinese Garlic Chive Cakes)
- It’s 300 g of garlic chives.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 T of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 t of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 t of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 T of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 t of pepper.
- Prepare of Flour dough:.
- You need 1 c of rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 c of tapioca flour.
- It’s 1/4 c of arrowroot flour.
- Prepare 1 c of boiling water.
- Prepare of Dipping Sauce:.
- Prepare 3 T of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 T of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 T of sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1 t of crashed chili.
- You need 2 T of vinegar.
- You need of Extra vegetable oil for brushing.
Kui Chai Todd: กุ่ยช่ายทอด (Deep Fried Chinese Garlic Chive Cakes) instructions
- Cut garlic chives into 0.5 cm long pieces. Add them to a mixing bowl, season and rest for one hour.
- While waiting, we mix flour with boiling water and knead until we can lift up the whole dough from the bowl without any excess sticky flour in the bowl.
- An hour later, squeeze the water from the chive as much as possible. Mixed well the seasoned chives and the dough together. The dough will be wet and runny which is a good sign..
- Brush some vegetable oil on a mold to prepare for steaming. Pour the garlic chive mix into the mold and put it in the steamer for 15 min. until the flour mixed is translusent. Normally they don't cook with fancy mold like I do. Instead, they just spread the mixed ingredient into baking tray or any square shape 1-2 cm thick. Then cut them into small bite size after steaming them..
- Remove from the mold and heat a pan with oil to get ready for the deep-frying process. Fry the kui chai until crispy.
- Mixed the dipping sauce ingredients well. It should give you balance of sweet and tangy taste with slightly sharpness of the chili. Serve while it's hot with the dipping sauce..