Crispy southern fried shrimp. Crispy Fried Shrimp are breaded and fried until golden and crunchy. These shrimp are first seasoned with Cajun or Creole seasoning for just a little zip and then tossed in all-purpose flour. Next they are dipped in egg and then breaded with a mixture of flour, bread crumbs, and Panko crumbs.
All you need is some raw shrimp, a I also have Video recipes for Shrimp Scampi, Firecracker Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Shrimp Ceviche, Jambalaya with Jumbo Shrimp and many others. Southern Fried Shrimp is so simple to make at home. Made with a buttermilk and Old Bay seasoned flour for a crispy and delicious coating. This Appetizing Crispy southern fried shrimp using 4 easy ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy southern fried shrimp
- It’s 1 box of Zatarains seasoned fish-fri.
- It’s 1 packages of Jumbo shrimp devined cooked peeled tail on (14oz ).
- You need 16 oz of Heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 of Inches of vegetable oil.
Shrimp is always a real treat at our house. I am a bit picky about my seafood, I really like to know where it came from. Breaded and fried until golden brown and delicious, these Southern Fried Shrimp are tender and juicy with an incredibly crispy crust. Deep fried dishes aren't an everyday occurrence in our house so this is definitely a splurge for us.
Crispy southern fried shrimp instructions
- Peel tails of shrimp . (You can also but tail less shrimp to save time).
- Pour about a cup of heavy whipping in a bowl..
- Pour about 2cups of fish fri in a container with a lid.
- Put the shrimp in the heavy whipping cream.
- After the shrimp ids cover in whipping cream put the in the container with the fish fri close lid and shake till all of the shrimp are fully cover with fish fri.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for crisper shrimp.
- Preheat 2 inches of vegetable oil at 350° in skillet or enough to fill deep fryer.
- When oil is hot enough let the shrimp fry fori 3-5 mins our till golden.
Deep frying foods don't require any special frying machines like you see. Crispy Fried Shrimp – Southern Restaurant Secrets. But, it's got to be done and it's really easy to do if you know the technique. But when it comes to Southern Fried Shrimp, you'r going to want to use a larger shrimp, jumbos even, and you're going to need to leave on the tail for dipping. Crispy fried, seasoned shrimp piled high on French baguette; works great for oysters too!