K's Fried CatFish. How to Make Southern Fried Catfish This soul food staple is a simple and easy recipe to make any night of the the week. I personally hate fish of any kind but my boyfriend is a huge fried catfish fan. He said it was the best fried catfish he has ever had!
Southern Fried Catfish is an iconic southern fish recipe. Made of a few simple ingredients, fried catfish makes a family favorite tradition! Growing up, I loved to go fishing with my Daddy. This Appetizing K's Fried CatFish using 5 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of K's Fried CatFish
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of yellow or white corn meal.
- You need 4 lb of catfish , cut into strips or small peices..
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 of oil for frying.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste..
Fried cat fish conjures thoughts of finger-licking goodness and crispy crunch in every bite. When I bought these fish fillets at the market, my intention was to bake them with garlic and salt. It's hard to say no to a batch of Southern fried catfish, but want to learn how to take your fresh catch to the next level? Southerners know that fried catfish is the other white meat!
K's Fried CatFish step by step
- dip catfish into egg mix then coat w/ cornmeal.
- heat oil.
- slowly start adding catfish to very hot oil leaving a lil space in between fish to fry.
- cook bothsides of fish til light golden brown..
- drain cooked peices if catfish on a few paper towels ..
- once cooked & drain Eat!.
Southerners love a good "mess" of fish and catfish is a favorite in the South. This post may contain affiliate links. Crispy fried catfish is easy to make at home with this simple cornmeal breading. Lake house times were awesome, too, though, because that meant fresh-caught catfish, fried catfish for dinner. Catfish were readily abundant in the Antebellum South and, due to their status as "bottom feeders," weren't deemed the most stylish dinner.