Fried whitebait. These crunchy little deep-fried whitebait are a real treat, especially dunked in delicious cucumber garlic dip. They make a great starter, or a great platter for sharing with friends. This recipe for fried whitebait-or tiny whole fish such as blue anchovies-makes a tasty appetizer or simple dinner.
Food Busker is back up in your face with a brand new bass.well actually it's not bass at all. Whitebait are little fish which are dredged in milk and flour and then fried until crispy. They are eaten whole while hot, and are particularly good dipped in garlic mayonnaise. You can cook Fried whitebait using 5 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Fried whitebait
- It’s 500 grams of whitebait.
- You need 4 tbsp of oregano to taste.
- You need 1 of olive oil, for frying.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of fresh lemon juice.
This section is from "Every Woman's Encyclopaedia". Put a few of them at a time into the frying-basket, shake them gently over the paper to remove any loose flour. Put half the whitebait in the frying basket and lower into the oil. Drain the fried whitebait on kitchen paper towels and keep hot white you fry the remaining whitebait.
Fried whitebait instructions
- Wash whitebait and put in a strainer. Spread salt and leave aside until olive oil is ready..
- In a pan put olive oil, when ready put whitebait. Fry 10-15 minutes or more if you want it crispier..
- Serve in a plate. Spread oregano and as much of the fresh lemon juice you want..
- It's better when you eat it warm..
Wash the whitebait under cold water and dry very well with paper towel. Heat a saucepan filled halfway with vegetable oil. Such young fish often travel together in schools along the coast, and move into estuaries and sometimes up rivers where they can be easily caught with fine meshed fishing nets. Photo "Fried whitebait" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. The image is available for download in high resolution quality.