Crispy fried smelts. These crispy-fried Smelt fish are awesome as an appetizer but equally wonderful as complimenting side to vegetable dishes. Crispy fried smelt is a treat. Make sure to not over-fry your smelts because it has a tendency to turn chewy as it cools down.
Fresh fried smelts – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. The Fried Smelts recipe out of our category Fish! Fresh crispy fried Smelts in the pan. You can have Crispy fried smelts using 7 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy fried smelts
- You need 1 packages of smelt fish.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need of lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked sweet paprika.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of canola oil.
Photo about Fresh crispy fried Smelts in the pan. Our crispy deep fried okra is an excellent way to enjoy the vegetable. Crispy fried okra is such a treat. A little cayenne flavors the cornmeal coating in this fried okra recipe.
Crispy fried smelts instructions
- Pour enough oil to cover a frying pan and heat on medium high..
- Combine flour, salt, and paprika in a bowl..
- Dredge smelts in the flour/spice mixture..
- When the oil is hot add the dredged smelts and cook until golden brown..
- Set cooked smelts onto a paper towel to absorb some of the oil..
- Serve right away. Squeeze lemon onto cooked fish. The heads can be cut off before frying..
Restaurant Fish Menu – Crispy Black Fried Smelt Fish with Hot Spicy Sauce. Traditional Russian Fish Dish Served on Birch Bark. Deep fry in oil till golden brown. Its a great snack by itself. Fried pickles are the ultimate game day snack and truly one of our all time favorite snacks!!