Fried Cabbage w/ shrimp & sausage. The key to this simple cabbage stir-fry is dried shrimp, which add a little bit of funk and a ton of flavor. It's a nostalgic dish for Bryant Ng, whose mother used to cook it for him when he was a child. Jamaican Cabbage and Shrimp – A quick stir fried cabbage seasoned with aromatic spices and topped with sauté shrimp.
Set aside on platter with vegetables. My mom cooks it all the time because it requires minimum preparation and chopping but it yields a very flavorful dish. Infuse the oil with aromatics and then toss at a high heat, This adds a smoky flavor to the. You can have Fried Cabbage w/ shrimp & sausage using 7 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Cabbage w/ shrimp & sausage
- It’s 1 head of cabbage.
- Prepare of Beef or chorizo sausage ( preferably your choice.
- Prepare of Medium/ Large Raw Shrimp ( peeled, devained, tail on/ off.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Canola Oil/ or you can fry a slice of bacon-.
- Prepare of Creole Seasoning.
- You need of Whole sweet onion ( diced.
- Prepare of You can add your taste of seasonings*.
Sauteed Cabbage – one of the most delicious cabbage recipes made with garlic, juicy shrimp and shredded cabbage in a mouthwatering Asian sauce. It's healthy, with a wonderful sweet taste, crisp texture and can be sauteed, stir-fried, made into soups, served as salads, in stews and so much more! Cabbage is fried with onion and bacon in this simple quick side dish. Shrimp Salad. "This spicy shrimp is absolutely wonderful served over shredded cabbage.
Fried Cabbage w/ shrimp & sausage instructions
- Shred/ cut up cabbage and rinse.
- Add cabbage in skillet/ or if you use bacon, remove bacon after frying and add cabbage to skillet. Add creole seasoning and stir – place top on skillet and allow cabbage to sautee.
- Cook sausage in another skillet with onions/ add shrimp 5 mins before sausage is done. Continue to cook until done ( set aside.
- Add sausage & shrimp to cabbage moments before cabbage is done. Season to taste.
- You can eat over a bed of rice or enjoy as it is…
When I'm in a hurry, I use packaged coleslaw mix instead," notes Beth Malchiodi of Brooklyn, New York. Pan-fry shrimp cakes over medium heat till cooked through and golden brown on each side. Add in remaining salt, then Chinese cabbage. Return shrimp cakes; cook, covered, only to reheat. Vegetables cabbage fried with shrimp On plate.