You can have Pan-fried Mackerel using 6 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Pan-fried Mackerel
- You need 1 of filet of Saba mackerel.
- You need 3 tbsp of high-temp oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of korean curry powder.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need Splash of mirin.
Pan-fried Mackerel step by step
- Have your fish monger butterfly-cut your mackerel. Cut off the head and tail, then cut into 2. See part 2 of 2 for another mackerel recipe :).
- Rinse, pat dry, and spread a splash of mirin or sake to remove the fishy smell. Pat dry again. If you can soak the fish in mirin for 10mins, that would be ideal, but not necessary..
- Gently score the skin in a criss cross pattern. This will prevent curling. Add salt & pepper to both sides..
- Combine the flour and curry powder on a plate. Coat fish and shake off any excess flour. I used this korean curry powder:.
- Light up your pan on a med-high flame until oil is hot. Place fish skin side down. Cook for 2-3 mins until crust is formed. Switch heat to med-low until fish is fully cooked through. Roughly 8 mins, give or take..
- Serve w steamed rice and your favorite side dish. Enjoy!.