Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack).
You can cook Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack) using 3 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack)
- It’s of Saba (Cardava) bananas.
- It’s of coconut sugar.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
Coco Sugar Fried Saba Banana Cue (dessert or snack) instructions
- Saba or Cardava or Cooking bananas are the fat plump ones, greenish to yellow with blackish markings as it ripens. In Manila it is a popular street & market food sold on sticks. I haven’t tried with plantains, not sure if we have those here or if its the same banana…try and let me know? :).
- Heat oil in pan. Prepare peeled bananas by slicing them or you can also cook whole like the traditional way in the Manila. Google 'Banana Cue' to see a picture..
- Roll all sides of the banana in the coco sugar and drop in hot oil. Use low heat to prevent burning..
- When sugar melts turn it to the other side. Use a spatula or spoon to scoop back the sugar unto the banana if it separates. I turned them twice on each side before removing from the pan. Place unto a plate and let it cool..
- The coco sugar will harden and become crisp as it cools. Delicious. I placed too much I think (2 Tbsps) so 1 Tbsp should be ok for 2 bananas. 🙂 Enjoy!.