Oven Fried Fish and Grits. How To Cook Healthy Fish and Grits. Combine the panko, olive oil, garlic powder, and dried dill or any seasoning of your choice in a frying pan and toast over medium heat until golden brown. There are lots of baked fish recipes out there, but this oven-fried version is hands-down our favorite.
Dare I say, they're a little upgrade from the English pub classic. Oven-Fried Fish & Chips Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Fish and chips are traditionally sold wrapped in paper to soak up all the grease–not a good sign. This Appetizing Oven Fried Fish and Grits using 14 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Fish and Grits
- It’s of Cod Filet.
- You need of Serving of quick cook grits.
- Prepare of Zucchini Chopped into bite size pieces.
- It’s of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- You need of egg.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Flour (you can omit this if you like).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of heavy cream.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
To cut the calories in half and reduce the fat, we coat the delicate fish in a crispy View image. Oven-Fried Fish & Chips. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Oven Fried Fish Recipe is the perfect lightened up version of a fish fry! Baked fish that has been breaded and paired with a delicious, spicy Chipotle Horseradish Sauce!
Oven Fried Fish and Grits instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Mix the egg and milk together and place your cod filet in it to soak while you prepare everything else (no longer than 15 minutes.).
- Place vegetables in a foil boat with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then fold the foil tightly..
- Mix together flour, panko bread crumbs, and Cajun seasoning. take the cod out of the milk and egg and dredge in dry mixture. Then dunk back into the milk and eggs and again into the dry. Lay filet on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray..
- Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Cook on the middle rack of oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (or until fish is crispy and cooked through.).
- While your fish and veggies cook in the oven prepare the grits per packaged instructions. When they are almost done add the cream and butter and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste..
- When fish is done remove from oven. Carefully open the foil pack. With a fork gentle burst the tomatoes (if not already.) This is what makes the sauce..
- Spoon your grits into a bowl. Top with some veggies and sauce. Then Place your Crispy fish on top..
The other day, my husband was asking for fish and chips but with my high cholesterol, I have to avoid things like that. I found in a magazine at the doctor's office this recipe for oven fried fish, which is nice and crispy like the deep fried kind but without all the fat. This is excellent served with evelyn/athens'. Crunchy and delicious oven fried Vegan "fish" and chips! They're gluten-free and perfect for a snack or with home fries for a fish and chips dinner.