Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo.
You can have Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo using 14 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
- You need of butter (divided).
- Prepare of small shrimp uncooked, peeled and divided.
- Prepare of Cooked chicken breast (shredded) or can shred it yourself.
- You need of chopped celery.
- It’s of chopped onions.
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of frozen sliced okra.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- It’s of chopped flat leaf parsley.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Smoked Sausage (sliced).
- Prepare of salt and pepper to taste (optional).
Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo instructions
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add bell pepper, onions, celery and cook till onions are soft. Then add garlic the last minute.
- Add chicken stock, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire, parsley, okra, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer.
- On different skillet, Brown your sliced sausage. Once it's done, remove from pan with slotted spoon and add to chicken stock mixture.
- Discard sausage drippings from skillet/pan then melt 6 tablespoon of butter, once melted add 6 tablespoons of flour and mix till it's incorporated. Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally. Careful not to burn the mixture but the dark it is the more flavorful it's gonna be.
- Add the mixture to the chicken stock and bring to boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; add chicken and simmer..
- At this point, gumbo is ready to eat but for mire flavor, let it continue simmering for 1-2 hours. Add shrimp last 5 minutes and serve..
- Serve with a scoop of rice or over rice.