Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3.
This Delicious Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3 using 4 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3
- You need of tilapia fillets (about 4 oz each).
- Prepare of your favorite blackened seasoning, plus more if you want spicier (for my seasoning recipe see step 2).
- You need of salt (optional).
- It’s of olive oil.
Blackened Tilapia 1-2-3 step by step
- If your tilapia is frozen thaw for about 30 minutes in a flat dish of cold water (like a small casserole). When thawed, remove from water, Place on top of a small stack of paper towels to absorb excess water and gently pat tops dry..
- Transfer tilapia to a clean, dry plate. Season both sides of both fillets with 1 tsp blackened season each, gently patting seasoning onto each side, use more or less as desired for more or less heat. Add a pinch of salt to each side before the seasoning, if desired (I personally don't use it for this recipe). Place in refrigerator and let sit 30 minutes to 1 hour. This part's important, just like a marinade. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361433-blacken-your-soul-seasoning.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat (I use a 10" skillet for two fillets). Add just enough oil to coat the bottom when you swirl the skillet around, usually about 2-3 tsp. Let oil heat for about 30 seconds. When oil is "shimmering" carefully add tilapia to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes per side. You will know when each side is done because it will "release" from the pan easily when you begin to slide a spatula underneath the fillet..
- Serving suggestions: Serve with your favorite sides. Rice, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies are all good. I made my cauliflower "risotto" and roasted tomatoes with mushrooms for the picture shown. Below are a couple sides we like. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/348901-roasted-cauliflower-risotto https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353561-roasted-tomatoes-with-mushrooms https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340517-meow-mash-perterders.