Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Casserole. This creamy Cajun-inspired casserole gets its irresistible flavor from smoky Andouille sausage, shrimp and fresh okra. This hearty seafood casserole is filled with shrimp, cheese and rice and gets its Cajun flair from the I made this recipe for guests and it was a hit! This spicy Cajun casserole is a blend of shrimp, sausage and rice, in a tangy cream. sauce.
So cheers to comfort food all around…wherever in the world it may find you. This makes an easy keto one-pan skillet dinner and is a great family-friendly dish. How do you make cajun shrimp and sausage kebabs? You can cook Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Casserole using 13 easy ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Casserole
- Prepare of uncooked medium shrimp.
- Prepare of sausage links or one big link.
- Prepare of crab meat, drained.
- You need of brown rice, uncooked.
- It’s of cream of mushroom.
- Prepare of cream of celery.
- It’s of onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of green onions, chopped…green and white parts.
- It’s of diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained.
- Prepare of ocra, drained (can be omitted).
- You need of cajun seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of of parmesan, or desired cheese.
Start by prepping you meat and veggies. Cut your zucchini and peppers into one inch cubes and slice your sausage. Add to a large bowl with the shrimp. Toss with olive oil and cajun seasoning, then thread your meat and veggies onto the skewers.
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Casserole instructions
- pre heat oven to 350°.
- butter a casserole dish.
- sautee diced onion, green onion, and garlic until softened then set aside.
- in a large bowl add all the ingredients including the sauteed onion mix, except the cheese.
- pour mixture into casserole dish and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- take out of oven and stir, place back in oven for 30 minutes.
- take out of oven and stir, if the rice is done or close top with cheese and place back in oven for 20 minutes.
- *if the rice isn't done, continue to stir and place back in oven until it's ready for the cheese*.
A scrumptious and super easy casserole made with shrimp, rice, cream soups and onion, bell pepper and celery, the Trinity of vegetables. By using a package of frozen, already peeled and deveined shrimp, this comes together unbelievably quick. It is really a wonderful casserole that I hope you'll. This Cajun Shrimp and Sausage comes together is no time, is punched with flavor, and besides plump shrimp and juicy turkey sausage, there are lots of fresh veggies all tossed with a cajun seasoning blend made in one pan! Sometimes when time is short and the family is hungry, nothing beats a tasty.