Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice.
You can cook Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice using 17 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice
- You need of Crawfish Tails [presteamed – peeled – rinsed].
- You need of Green Bell Pepper [minced].
- You need of White Onion [minced].
- You need of Celery Stalks [minced].
- It’s of Green Onions [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare of Garlic [minced].
- It’s of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Diced Canned Tomatoes.
- It’s of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Salted Butter.
- It’s of LG Bay Leaf.
- It’s of Flour + 1 Cup Water [mixed – thickening agent – i use seafood stock].
- It’s of ● For The Dirty Rice.
- Prepare of Boxes Zatarian's Dirty Rice.
- You need of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- It’s of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice instructions
- I used my leftover crawfish from my boil yesterday but you can purchase presteamed or raw crawfish tails at your local market. Walmart usually sells them in 1 pound bags – shell free. Chances are they'll be frozen. Just dethaw and rinse tails of any silt. Reserve any dethawed fluids from bags and dethaw water. Fine strain You'll definitely want that delicious mudbug flavor!.
- For The Crawfish Étouffée Fine dice your vegetables. In a large pan with a tight fitting lid – melt butter over medium high heat. Add chopped vegetables to pan and sauté until soft and translucent. About 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add small amounts of water if needed. Add your crawfish tails and seasonings, mix and cover tightly. Simmer for 5 minutes if using presteamed tails. Stir occasionally. Turn up your heat – add your water / flour mixture, mix well and simmer until desired thickness. About 3 minutes..
- For The Dirty Rice Make as per manufactures directions. Make stove top or microwavable. All it requires is water but I always add 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chatcherie's per box for additional flavor..
- Serve Étouffée over dirty rice. If opting instead for white rice – which is a traditional option – pack cooked rice into a small bowl to mold. Then flip on the top of your Crawfish Étouffée. Garnish dish with green onions and parsley. Serve with Louisiana Hot Sauce to the side. I'll also round this meal out with a garden salad and warm French Bread. Enjoy!.