Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo.
This Tasty Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo using 20 easy ingredients and 8 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo
- Prepare of ● For The Meats & Seafood.
- It’s of Chicken Breasts [1" cubed].
- You need of Anduile Sausage [1/2" cut at angle].
- It’s of Jumbo Shrimp [pre-steamed- tails off].
- You need of ● For The Gumbo Gravy.
- Prepare of Packet Louisiana Gumbo Base Powder [no subs].
- Prepare of Chicken Broth [important: low sodium].
- You need of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of File Powder.
- It’s of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables & Seasonings.
- Prepare of LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Prepare of Celery [chopped].
- Prepare of LG Tomato [chopped].
- It’s of LG Onion [chopped].
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides.
- Prepare of White Rice.
- You need of Jalapeno Corn Bread.
Mike's EZ Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo instructions
- Rinse chicken – remove any fat and cube meat in to 1" pieces. Add to a pot and add enough water to cover. Boil chicken for 20 minutes..
- In the meantime, chop all vegetables and place in pot. Add all fluids to pot and begin vegetable boil..
- Louisiana is a fantastic brand. However, it can be a bit salty. That's why low sodium broth in this dish is so very important..
- Pull 4 cups broth from your boiling vegetable pot. Add your Gumbo Base packet to it and whisk well and fast. Add back to pot. Whisk well again. Drain chicken and add to vegetable pot. Simmer together for 45 minutes..
- Slice your pre-cooked sausage and add to your pot 1/2 way thru your chicken simmer..
- At it's finish, add your pre-steamed shrimp just long enough to heat them..
- Serve with steamed white rice, jalapeno corn bread and Louisiana Hot Sauce..
- Enjoy your crazy easy taste of NOLA!.