Hennessy Shrimp and Grits. Hennessy shrimp and grits using K-Stokes Hennessy steak and seafood sauce. Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
But if you want to add more to it, you may do so. Just keep in mind that these two are rich enough, so you might want to pair. Shrimp and grits made summer-perfect with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and lots of garlic and olive oil. You can have Hennessy Shrimp and Grits using 11 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Hennessy Shrimp and Grits
- It’s of Raw peeled and deveined shrimp.
- You need of lemon.
- You need of garlic minced.
- It’s of chicken bouillon.
- You need of bacon.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese.
- You need of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare of Instant grits.
- You need of Hennessy.
- You need of Honey.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
Bonus – these grits are creamy and dairy-free. Peel and devein the shrimp, saving the shells and the heads. Meanwhile, heat the Hennessy in a large saucepan. Using a lighter, carefully ignite it so it catches fire.
Hennessy Shrimp and Grits step by step
- Pat shrimp dry and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Boil water for grits and cook strips of bacon. Save bacon grease for later..
- Add teaspoon of butter to a separate skillet and cook shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Hennessy and honey to shrimp and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bacon grease,garlic, lemon, and green onions then sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to shrimp mixture and simmer until thickened.
- Put instant grits in boiling water and add your cube of bouillon..
- Once grits are cooked add cheese until melted. Then place grits to a bowl and top with the shrimp mixture..
- Top off with green onions and bacon crumbles.
Allow the flame to burn out, then add in. Cheesy Shrimp and Grits couldn't be easier to make. I like to make the grits first so they're perfect and smooth. They take a few minutes of your attention at the beginning but the result is a velvety smooth bowl of heaven. Shrimp and grits is a Southern dish everyone—regardless of where you're from—should know how to make.