You can have Crawfish Etouffee using 15 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Crawfish Etouffee
- You need of crawfish tail.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- You need of celery, chopped.
- It’s of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of green onions, chopped.
- You need of butter.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of shrimp or chicken stock.
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of each of garlic powder, oldBay or Creole seasoning, pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of paprika.
- It’s of prepared white rice.
Crawfish Etouffee instructions
- In a heavy pot, add butter and flour on low heat. Whisk constantly until the roux turns a peanut butter color.
- Add onions, bell pepper and celery. Stir about 5 min until they start to soften. Add garlic and tomatoes.
- Slowly stir in stock, then add Worcestershire, seasonings and green onion (reserve a bit for garnish).
- Turn heat to medium high, once it starts to boil, cover and turn heat to low. Let cook 30 min..
- Add crawfish tails and let those cook about 5 min..
- To serve, ladle etouffee into a bowl, then a spoonful of rice and top with green onions. Enjoy!!.