Shrimp Creole. Tomatoes and shrimp cooked up with garlic and onions – this Gulf Coast tradition will have you dreaming of the bayou. I've tried shrimp Creole recipes in the past and they never tasted quite right. Shrimp Creole from Delish.com makes the perfect spicy weeknight dinner.
Shrimp Creole is a dish of Louisiana Creole origin and has a tomato base. There's another famous New Orleans dish called Shrimp Etouffee which it shouldn't be confused with because that dish has a. Shrimp Creole – A comforting plate of goodness with succulent shrimp simmered in a perfectly seasoned tomato sauce. This Tasty Shrimp Creole using 14 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
- Prepare of medium shrimp.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of chopped onions (3 medium onions).
- It’s of chopped green bell peppers (2 medium).
- Prepare of chopped celery (2 stalks).
- You need of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of Cayenne pepper.
- You need of dried bay leaves.
- It’s of (15 oz) tomato sauce.
- You need of hot cooked rice.
- You need of chorizo.
This southern Louisiana shrimp creole dish is cooked with tomatoes, onions, peppers and celery. Adjust the spice to your preference, but don't be scared of a little heat! Shrimp Creole is near the top of the list. Why would I want to include this dish?
Shrimp Creole step by step
- Peel and devein shrimp. Cover and refrigerate..
- In 3 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic in butter about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are tender. Cook chorizo separately and remove grease..
- Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT rice and shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes..
- Stir in shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove bay leaves. Serve shrimp mixture over rice..
Everyone has a recipe for it. A lot of restaurants, even outside of Louisiana serve it. Why in the hell do I even want to bother? Easy Shrimp Creole is a spicy, chunky tomato and green pepper mixture that coats tender shrimp to make a hearty family meal done right! This classic meal only has one pot and mixes all the ingredients.