Preparing and Serving Crayfish.
This Appetizing Preparing and Serving Crayfish using 3 easy ingredients and 23 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Preparing and Serving Crayfish
- It’s of fresh live crayfish (crafish/ crawdads) yields about 1 cup.
- Prepare of extra virgn olive oil.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
Preparing and Serving Crayfish instructions
- BUYING FRESH CRAYFISH: This is a fresh crayfish recipe. For best results, plan ahead and cook shortly after purchasing..
- Choose crayfish similar in size..
- Look for active crayfish..
- Once back in the kitchen, put crayfish in large bowl..
- Important! Do not put on plate..
- Work quickly while keeping an eye on the crayfish..
- PREPARING POT FOR CRAYFISH: Put enough water in the pot to cover crayfish once they are cleaned. (Optional: add salt, garlic, lemon, any flavorings you prefer.).
- Put heat on hi as want a strong boil..
- PREPARING DIPPING SAUCE: Whisk olive oil and lemon until creamy. Add cayenne pepper, if desire..
- CLEANING CRAYFISH: Pour some salt over crayfish..
- Cover with fresh water..
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir the crayfish for about 2 to 3 minutes..
- Rinse well..
- Add to boiling water..
- Cook until the color changes to a deep red. About 2 to 3 minutes..
- Remove crayfish immediately from water..
- EATING CRAYFISH: With your hands, break in two sections. (optional: Top part consume juice /flesh and then discard).
- Bottom section peel off one side of the shell..
- Should slip out..
- Peel off back and remove sand vein..
- Dip in lemon oil sauce or drizzle with lemon juice..
- So yummy!.