The easiest shrimp etouffee. Shrimp étouffée brings together all of the hallmarks of Louisiana cooking: Seafood (help our own shrimpers by making sure you use Gulf shrimp for your etouffee), a flour-and-oil roux, the "Holy Trinity" of onion Easy to make. Shrimp Étouffée is one of my very favorite dishes, and this is the first time I've made it, thanks to your easy instructions. It was VERY filling, so it was okay that we only had a pound and a half shrimp.
I totally appreciate easy, quick and tasty meals. But if you want to put something exciting on your dining table, this. This easy-to-make dish from the Creole-Cajun canon is perfect for chilly weeknight supper. You can have The easiest shrimp etouffee using 10 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of The easiest shrimp etouffee
- You need of shrimp.
- You need of onion.
- It’s of parsley flakes.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of old bay (blackened seasoning) for seafood.
- Prepare of louisiana eutoffee mix.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of lemon pepper.
- You need of bell pepper.
One caution: It's easy to overcook shrimp as cooking time will vary with the size and freshness of the crustaceans, so simmer the shrimp until they are pink and curled. An easy shortcut cheater etouffee that uses cream soup as a roux shortcut and works well for both shrimp and crawfish. Before you scoff at the ingredients in this shortcut method, I say give it a try. I feel certain you will be surprised.
The easiest shrimp etouffee step by step
- peel, clean shrimp. season with blakened season, coat with parsley, splash with onion powder, splash with galic powder and a dash of lemon pepper. then put in the refrigerator so it can stay cool..
- while shrimp sits. cut up one onion and a half of bell pepper.
- saute onion and bell pepper in two tablespoons of butter, cover and let get soft. add desired seasons. I put a little tonys on it. then add shrimp and saute for about five minutes..
- then follow directions on the mix packet. add five table spoons of butter to shrimp onion and bell pepper. melt down. then add packet mix. cook for about 3 minutes continually stir. then add the 2 cups od watrr, as the package says, bring to a boil, then lower heat, and stirring occasionally cook cover for 15 minutes. and turn off your down..
- cook rice to serve with it. and whatever else you like. I do corn and garlic toast..
Shrimp Étouffée is a blend of vegetables cooked in a thick tomato sauce. A great dish for weeknights, it keeps really well in the fridge for leftovers and Trust us on this, if you chop all of your veggies at once ahead of time, this recipe is so much easier to make (you don't want to be trying to cut a green. This Creole shrimp étouffée recipe is made with a brown roux and tomatoes. The shrimp are smothered (étouffée means smothered) in the rich Étouffée is a French word means "smothered" or "suffocated." As you can see in the photo, the shrimp is smothered with a combination of chopped. Shrimp étouffée is a classic Cajun favorite that one must have when visiting Louisiana.