Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits.
You can cook Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits using 11 simple ingredients and 10 simple steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits
- It’s of Shrimp-raw/peeled.
- Prepare of sm-med bell peppers (any color/variety).
- You need of yellow onion.
- It’s of purple onion.
- You need of butter or margerine.
- You need of quick grits.
- Prepare of cheese.
- You need of Louisiana Cajun Seasoning.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper to taste.
Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits step by step
- Thaw and peel shrimp.
- dice peppers and onion.
- In a large pan put the 2 1/2 TBSP of butter (med-low) heat. Put in diced peppers and onion..
- cook peppers and onion for about 5-8 minutes, or until starting to get soft..
- add 1lb Shrimp and saute til firm and pink (about 5 min).
- Set pan aside.
- In a separate pot cook Quick Grits according to package directions for 1cup of grits.
- Once grits are cooked add 4 slices of cheese, stir until cheese is blended.
- Pour in Shrimp and Pepper mixture into the grits, stir together.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!.