This Tasty Shrimp Creole using 12 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
- You need of bellpepper, chopped.
- It’s of celery stalk, chopped.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of Garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes with bellpepper, onion and cellery.
- It’s of Tomato sauce- large can or 2 8 oz cans, add water as needed.
- It’s of Creole Seasoning.
- It’s of Gumbo Filé.
- Prepare of fresh bay leaves.
- It’s of Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp.
- Prepare of hot sauce.
Shrimp Creole instructions
- Clean and devain shrimp, wash, place in bowl, sprinkle creole seasoning on top, cover and place in fridge..
- Turn on stove to med. High, then place chopped garlic, bellpepper, onions, and celery in pan..
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables..
- Season with a dash of creole seasoning and hot sauce.
- Stir the vegtables until tender..
- Stir in can tomatoes, cook for 5 min..
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add 2 bay leaves; Creole Seasoning and Hot Sauce to taste; add 1 tsp Gumbo Filé..
- Cover and cook sauce for 1 hour; stir occassionally, and add water as needed..
- Add shrimp for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Be sure to check so shrimp dont over cook..
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve with Jasmine rice or rice of your choice..