Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits.
This Tasty Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits using 15 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook it.
Ingredients of Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits
- You need of small onion sliced thin.
- It’s of cleaned and deveined large shrimp.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of old bey seasoning or old bey with garlic.
- Prepare of crushed garlic.
- You need of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- It’s of old fashioned grits.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s of green onion/scallions.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
Simply Spicy Shrimp n Grits instructions
- First cook about 1 and 1/2 cups of old fashioned grits. Follow package directions. I added cheddar cheese to your liking..
- While grits are cooking I seasoned my shrimp. Put them in a bowl with olive oil to coat. Then add black pepper, cayenne pepper, old bay, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. I eyeball the seasoning meaning a few dashes of everything..
- After seasoning my shrimp I cut a half of small white onion into slithers and chop up about 4 scallions..
- Heat a cast iron skillet and put enough olive oil in to coat the bottom then add a half stick of butter. Sautee onions and scallions on med heat until slightly softer. Salt n pepper them and put your shrimp in the pan after. Then add about 2 table spoons of cream of chicken soup which is salty so don't add any more salt. Add a spoon full of crushed garlic and u can add more cayenne and red pepper flakes depending on how spicy you want it. Lower heat, add another half of stick of butter and cover for 5ins..
- Once your shrimp have formed a C shape they are cooked. Your sauce should be thick and spicy. Serve your grits on a plate then spoon your shrimp n sauce over and enjoy.