Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy. Brads Shrimp And Cod Po Boy – Easy Recipe Ideas "easy recipe ideas for dinner With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored. Shrimp marinated in hot sauce and breaded in a spiced cornmeal mixture are fried then piled high for this classic New Orleans sandwich. There's nothing like a shrimp po'boy to transport you to New Orleans.
Dip seasoned shrimp briefly in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Working in batches, fry shrimp, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and just cooked. A Po' Boy really should be about the crispy fried seafood inside. You can have Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy using 18 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy
- You need of cod fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips.
- It’s of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare of panko.
- You need of egg, beaten.
- You need of small uncooked shrimp.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need of oil for frying.
- You need of hoagie rolls.
- You need of for the toppings.
- You need of tartar sauce.
- You need of sliced havarti cheese.
- It’s of sliced provalone cheese.
- You need of spring lettuce mix.
- It’s of sliced sweet onion.
- It’s of sliced tomato.
- It’s of fresh cilantro.
My Po' Boy of choice when I visited New Orleans was filled with crispy fried fresh oysters. Pre-cooked shrimp can also be used in this recipe if you choose a larger size and fry them for only a minute or two. Classic Louisiana Po Boy Sandwich with fried shrimp, shredded lettuce, tomato and homemade remoulade sauce. But the bread is the real star in a po boy.
Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy step by step
- Heat oil for frying in a LG fry pan. Heat 1/2 tbs oil in a small frying pan..
- Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper to the small pan. Sauté for three minutes or until done..
- Place bread crumbs, panko, and beaten egg in separate bowls. When oil is heated, dip cod in bread crumbs, then egg then panko. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice hoagie rolls. Add cheese on them. Place shrimp on top of cheese. Bake rolls in oven until cheese melts..
- Remove to a plate. Add tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Top with fish fillets. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy..
Do your utmost to find really good bread, with a crackling crust and soft interior. Ideally you would use a French sandwich loaf, like a baguette. We really love po' boys and this was an excellent recipe. Fried shrimp po' boys are classic New Orleans street food. These "dressed" sandwiches are spread with a zesty rémoulade sauce and filled with crunchy shredded lettuce, pickles, and sliced If you can find French-style po' boy rolls or Vietnamese baguettes used for banh mi sandwiches, use them.