Strip Steak with Cauliflower puree and roasted garlic potatoes.
This Perfect Strip Steak with Cauliflower puree and roasted garlic potatoes using 26 simple ingredients and 8 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Strip Steak with Cauliflower puree and roasted garlic potatoes
- Prepare of Herb Butter.
- Prepare 1 stick of Unsalted Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Finely Chopped Chives.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Finely Chopped Parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 6 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 each of Small Shallot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need of Garlic Potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of Small Fingerling Potatoes.
- You need 6 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Finely Chopped Chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Cauliflower Puree.
- It’s 1 head of Cauliflower.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of Boiling Water.
- Prepare of Steaks.
- It’s 2 each of N.Y. Strip Steaks.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Crushed Peppercorn Melange.
Strip Steak with Cauliflower puree and roasted garlic potatoes step by step
- Herb Butter: Peel and place the garlic and shallots into a oven safe pan and drizzle with olive oil. Cover top of pan with aluminum foil tightly and place in 375°F oven for 35 minutes. Remove and let cool before adding to food processor..
- Herb Butter: Add all ingredients, including roasted garlic and shallots, to a food processor and blend until everything is incorporated making sure to scrape down the sides several times while blending. Do not over blend or butter will start to melt..
- Herb Butter: Lay out some clear kitchen plastic and use a spatula to get all the butter onto the sheet. Wrap it tightly up into a log and put in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set. Can be used for steaks, fish, sautéing veggies, or on grilled breads..
- Potatoes: Slice fingerling potatoes in half and place in oven safe baking dish. Peel the garlic and add them along with the salt and some olive oil over the top of it all. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Top with Chives when plating..
- Cauliflower Puree: Steam the cauliflower in a large covered pot with enough water to cover the bottom. Cook for 12-15 minutes til fork tender then remove from heat and do not drain water..
- Puree: Add cooked cauliflower to blender or food processor with salt, pepper, and butter and blend for a few seconds. Slowly add remaining boiling water until cauliflower is a nice puree. Milk or cream could be used instead of water if desired for a for sweeter and creamier puree. Put a dollop on plate before steaks and spoon it out a little..
- Steaks: Large pan on high heat with light drizzle of grapeseed oil or clarified butter. Salt the steaks on both sides and a pinch of Cumin then gently place in pan. Slightly reduce heat and Sear for 4-5 minutes per side for a nice crust and med-rare steak. Remove from heat, cover and let rest for several minutes..
- Steaks: After meat has rested slice against the grain into several nice strips as seen in pic. When plating, top the steaks with the peppercorn melange and some herb butter..