This Appetizing Shrimp Creole using 21 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
- It’s of medium-large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined.
- It’s of lemon, juiced.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of seasoned shrimp stock.
- You need of green bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- You need of celery stalk, sliced / chopped.
- You need of tomato paste.
- You need of can of diced tomatoes.
- You need of bay leaves.
- You need of garlic cloves, mashed.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of hot sauce (optional).
- You need of okra, sliced (optional).
- You need of green onions, sliced.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of Filé powder (optional).
- It’s of parsley, finely chopped.
Shrimp Creole step by step
- Prepare the shrimp and reserve the shells / tails. Place shrimp in a colander and rinse. Put the shrimp in a bowl; add lemon juice, mix, and then season the shrimp. Place in the refrigerator..
- Take the shells and tails and place in a small pot with 1.5 cups of water. Add a dash of Cajun or Old Bay seasonings and heat to a near boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes. Strain the liquid and reserve..
- Place a medium-large sized pot on medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Swirl the butter and olive oil around in the pot. Let the melted butter foam a bit..
- Add in the “holy trinity” (pepper, onion, & celery), season this, and sauté for 5-6 minutes until slightly wilted. Add the paste, stir to coat the vegetables, and heat for 1 minute..
- Add the shrimp stock, tomatoes (with liquid), bay leaves, garlic, and pepper flakes. Bring this to a slight boil and reduce to a simmer; continue to heat for 15 minutes..
- Add the Worcestershire, hot sauce, and okra. Continue to cook for 15 minutes. Raise the heat to medium and add the shrimp and cook until they are pink. About 10 minutes. Add the green onions, and carefully stir..
- Turn off the heat; add a bit of cayenne and Filé powder, and cover the pot slightly to keep warm. Serve with white rice, grits, and/or garlic toasted bread. Top the dish off with parsley..