Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas.
This Perfect Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas using 15 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas
- It’s of Shrimp (raw, peeled, and deveined).
- Prepare of Onion (diced).
- Prepare of Garlic (minced).
- You need of Jalapeños.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare of can Tomatoes (diced).
- It’s of Cajun Seasoning.
- It’s of Chili Powder.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Cream cheese (8 Oz).
- Prepare of Monterey Jack Cheese (grated).
- It’s of large Tortillas.
Cajun Shrimp Enchiladas step by step
- In a large Skillet, saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth until a nice Roux is formed..
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and add the shrimp, tomatoes, and seasonings. When shrimp is starting to turn slightly pink, stirring cream cheese and shredded cheese and cook until melted.
- Remove approximately 2 cups and set aside for later as a topping..
- Spoon approximately three quarter cup down the center of each tortilla. Fold ends and roll up. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, ensure a small space between each tortilla. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Plate enchiladas, and spoon some of the mixture that was set aside on top..