Crawfish soup. This "soup for the Cajun soul" can be made with crab, shrimp, crawfish, all three or in combination with each other. Most everyone use the term Bisque and Chowder interchangeably. The Best Crawfish Soup Recipes on Yummly
Like most families we have recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. Puree soup and pass through a fine sieve. Boil again and stir in cream. You can have Crawfish soup using 16 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- You need of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- You need of crawfish (1lb).
- It’s of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- You need of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- Prepare of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- Prepare of large white potatoes diced.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of large carrot diced.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of cayenne pepper.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- It’s of thyme.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of escallion or green onion.
Season to taste and froth with an immersion blender. Serve soup with sauteed pears and crawfish. You sit there looking at a soup so rich with crayfish, crabs or lobsters that the whole thing is a warming, welcoming. Saute onion in butter until soft.
Crawfish soup step by step
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails. Sauté vegetables in butter until tender. Add flour and stir until blended. Try this crawfish corn soup made with Louisiana Crawfish, which displays the best flavors of both shrimp and lobster.