Seafood Gumbo. I've had lots of seafood gumbo in my day, and I've made more than a few. But nothing has blown me away like the version I ate at Peche, a New Orleans seafood restaurant run by Chef Don Link. This delightful Seafood Gumbo is full of shrimp and crab and it has a nice spicy kick.
This would be great with mussels and some pieces of cod Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste are often used in gumbo and jambalaya. Hearty, delicious, and packed full of amazing and well-seasoned ingredients, this Gumbo recipe has officially taken place as one of my top five favorite. This is a real SEAFOOD gumbo. This Appetizing Seafood Gumbo using 12 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood Gumbo
- It’s of whole crabs.
- It’s of Chicken breast.
- It’s of beef smoked sausages.
- It’s of jumbo deveined shrimp.
- It’s of I onion.
- Prepare of bell pepper.
- It’s of diced tomatoes.
- You need of Gumbo file.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of garlic.
- It’s of Chicken stock.
This is the best gumbo I've ever had. This seafood gumbo recipe was originally titled Super Bowl Seafood Gumbo, as the author makes this Cajun specialty each year for the occasion, just as his mother did before him. Plus, this Seafood Gumbo recipe is ready in under an hour!! This recipe was originally published in I fell in love with seafood gumbo many, many years ago.
Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Cut onion and bell pepper garlic set aside. Cut up smoked sausage and set aside cut.
- Up chicken breast set aside.
- To make your rue melt 3 tablespoons of butter add a half a cup of flour keep stirring until light brown add all cut up ingredients and chicken stock.
- In a separate pot steam crab until done. Once crab is done depart the crab take back shell off and clean all poop out rinse with cold water..
- Once crab is cleaned and separated add all ingredients to pot with chicken stop add shrimp last. Season to your tasting. Don’t add too much gumbo file because it’s overwhelming when you add too much..
- Add can tomatoes let simmer 15 min😊.
With it's dark flavorful roux, fresh seafood. Every good gumbo starts with mixture of butter and flour called a roux. In this time, you should be stirring. Traditionally, a gumbo recipe features meat, tomatoes, okra, and a widely varying mix of other vegetables, depending on what the cook has available. In this recipe, the selection of seafood is also.